Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vegan S'mores!

I seriously think MacGyver was a vegan. I say this bc vegans have a way of making anything they want to eat, vegan. Last night I went to a bonfire. What is a bonfire without s'mores right? As a vegan, marshmallows contain gelatin, which is the collagen inside animals' skin and bones. Yum right? So, tonight I grabbed my graham crackers, baking chocolate and (yet again), Suzanne's Ricemallow to the rescue!

Bc the ricemallow is already the consistency of melted marshmallows, I came up with a plan to melt the choc. I used an aluminum foil pie pan, placed one graham cracker on it, placed the chocolate on top of that and placed it over a hot spot on the fire. When the chocolate starts to melt, remove from the fire, dollop on some ricemallow, add the top graham cracker and enjoy! It may sound like a lot of work but I promise you it is not. You don't even have to go hunting around for sticks!

Here is my delicious proof...
I bet if I didn't tell you, you would never know they were vegan!
See you at the next bonfire!


No comments:

Post a Comment