Monday, October 25, 2010

Blossom NYC


Before I had dessert at Lula's, my friends and I dined at the amazing Blossom Restaurant. I say amazing bc, well, by the sounds we all made after our first bites, it was. The spot has an upstairs and downstairs for seating. When we went, the top was reserved for a party, so we dined street level. It was a Sat, we didn't have a reservation and we were starving. The server was awesome enough to squeeze us in to a 45 min spot, allowing only one course. (on a budget that is all we could do anyway!) If you are a vegan, you know the pure excitement of staring down at a menu that you can pick ANYTHING you want from! So, I did! You had me at hickory...Hickory basted tempeh that is, with collard greens, potatoes and a horseradish cream sauce. Oh nom nom. The price for this plate of heaven, $18. (Did I mention this place is organic!!!!) Not bad at all. It was just the right amount of food. My girlfriends chose the lasagna and mushroom rigatoni. All of which I had a bite and were equally amazing. I cannot report on desserts as we quickly packed up and headed to Lula's, but I have no doubt that they quite the treat!
Equivalent to the Bible

The collard greens are peaking out

The gateway to heaven

The details:


Blossom Restaurant
187 9th Avenue (21st/22nd)
Telephone: 212-627-1144



No comments:

Post a Comment