Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who says vegans can't have BLTs??

There are a lot of fake meat products on the market, but only a few make the cut with me. Before I was vegan I used the morning star bacon, which was pretty gross. My Bff told me that she buys Fakin Bacon, by Lightlife, and after seeing it on the shelf forever, I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised! I can eat it on my "bacon and eggs" while Steve eats it as a "B"LT. The good thing about it is that it is only fermented soy beans, nothing to crazily processed. It has 8 grams of PROTEIN (yes vegans get protein!) which makes the man happy. I like it's smokey taste. Win win! Here is a pic of one of our creations. Looks like the real thing (almost!)
Fakin Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Naoynaise (vegan mayo). This is the best quick lunch sammy ever!
Links to the products...

The Bacon-->  http://www.lightlife.com/product_detail.jsp?p=tempeh_smokystrips



The Mayo --->  http://www.nasoya.com/products/original-nayonaise/original.html

1 comment: