Monday, October 4, 2010

Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles

This recipe comes from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I wanted to make something sweet and spicy tonight so immediately reached for their cookbook. I haven't really tried too many cookies, but the couple that I have are easy and amazing! I definitely recommend picking this book up! The recipe is as follows:

Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Dough:
1/2 c. veg oil
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. pure maple syrup (not the fake nasty stuff)
3 Tbsp nondairy milk (I used coconut milk)
1 tsp van extract
1 tsp chocolate extract (I used 2 vanilla bc I didn't have choc on hand)
1 2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne


Oven set @ 350* Bake 10-12 mins

Mix the ingredients in order of listing. When you get to flour, sift with the rest of the dries (b.soda, cinn, cayenne)

Roll into balls, roll in sugar mixture.

These spread, so leave a couple inches between each.

No comments:

Post a Comment