Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Here is another side dish idea for the big T-day. I have always been a fan of these little miracle cabbages, but my Husband has not. I baked these up one night and begged him to try them. Now, we fight for who gets the bigger portion.

What I do:
Clean the BS, cut off rough ends and cut in half.
Tear off any leaves that do not look healthy and toss them.
Allow to dry for a bit, or towel them off with a clean towel.
Throw them in a large bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. (enough to coat but do not drown them, a Tablespoon or more if you are baking a lot)
Add a few splashes of Balsamic Vinegar. (A little goes a long way. I use about a Tablespoon and a tad more)
Then do the whole...Salt and Pepper to taste thing.

Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with foil for easy clean up.
Oven at 400*
Bake for 15-20 minutes


Another way I have done it in the past is by omitting the vinegar and using a little bit of fresh squeezed oj.

Or

Leave out both and just use olive oil for the full taste of the brussels sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment