Monday, November 22, 2010

Raw Cranberry Sauce Recipe

Thanksgiving is around the corner, and that means trying to "fit in" once again. I have a few tested and approved recipes that I want to share with those that may not have a complete menu yet. I wanted to make cranberry sauce the other day, but didn't want the insane amount of refined sugar that comes with cooking it stove top. I decided to look online to see how popular raw cranberry sauce is. I got lucky! I modified it a little because I have an attitude problem and can't follow instructions.

This is the direct link http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/cranberrysauce.html

I did not throw in an orange or use water, instead I fresh squeezed about 3/4 of a cup of Tangerine Juice.

Place everything in your blender on the low chop settings. You can add more juice or water depending on how chunky you want it to be. I was worried that it was going to be very tart, but the dates really cut that down. I was really pleased with how it tasted. (and that it was healthy!)

The recipe:
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 apple
1 cup dates
1/2-3/4 cup fresh squeezed oj/tangerine juice.

If you are looking for something that is better than the jell that comes from a can, this could be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment