Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls

So I have never made my own crescent rolls before, mainly because I make mine from scratch. My Mom had wanted some for thanksgiving, so I picked up a few packs. I had no idea they were vegan, but after reading the container and a few online sources, more votes were in favor of vegan. [Veganize that old standby, pigs in a blanket, using tofu hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry. (Pepperidge Farm brand puff pastry and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are vegan.)] <---from the PETA website.

So, as I sat on my couch this morning, my sweet tooth hit me. I grabbed a can, popped it open and spread out the dough.

Here are the steps:

1) Roll out the dough so that it is a rectangle
2) Pinch the seams
3) Melt Earth Balance and brush a layer over the dough
4) Sprinkle enough brown sugar over the butter to cover the dough
5) Sprinkle cinnamon over the brown sugar (use however much you'd like)
6) Roll the dough into a log
7) Cut into 8 rounds (less if you want really thick buns)
8) Place into a greased cake pan
9) Bake at 375* for 10 minutes

They were so good that I didn't need to make an icing for them. I did however, make a maple butter to add on mine when it was hot out the oven. (SO GOOD)

This is a great quick thanksgiving morning breakfast. No sense in slaving over breakfast when you have to slave over a huge vegan dinner!

Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment