Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lemon Almond Biscotti

Hey everyone! It's been a while yes. I am terrible at keeping up with these things. But the good news is, the yummy desserts keep rolling in, and I plan on posting them (however sporadic). The inspiration behind this biscotti was my mother in laws backyard. There is a huge lemon tree and I had to make something! I came across a recipe on epicurious, and modified it a little.

Here is the original recipe...http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/VEGAN-LEMON-BISCOTTI-1233180

My modifications are as follows.
*For one of the egg replacers, instead of using 2 tablespoons water, use 2 tablespoons fresh squeeze lemon juice.
*Instead of zest from 1 lemon, got crazy and use the zest from 2 lemons (I am a rebel I know).
*Instead of dividing the dough, I made one long log, about 1 inch thick. It takes the same amount of time to bake, you just get longer biscotti's when you slice them.

And that is all! Next time I make it I am probably going to substitute all the water from the egg replacers for lemon juice. I really like to taste my lemons.

See outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment