Thursday, October 4, 2012

Giving it a go at Owl Cupcakes!

So there was a birthday...and I needed to make cupcakes. I feel like I have done the rosette about a million times, as well as elmo, sprinkles, flowers Oh my! So I decided to try something cute. I had made cookies once before using almonds, but I knew the person I was making them for wants sugar and ONLY sugar. (hi mom!) haha. So here was my thought process...

I made the chocolate cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Buy here--->  http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cupcakes-Take-Over-World/dp/1569242739

I ran to my local 7-11 and grabbed a few "accidentally vegan" items
                   1. Mini Oreos for Eyes and Ears
                   2. Orange Slices to mold into a nose shape

For the Eyes I opened the mini oreos and placed a chocolate chip (whole foods brand) in the icing

For the Ears I cut the chocolate cookie of the orea in half

I piped the outside dark frosting using one bag, then the lighter frosting using another bag

Once I had what I thought looked like feathers, I dropped the eyes on, crammed the ears in and plopped the nose down.

I feel as though I was successful. I would probably make them again, maybe with more time and some fine tuning. Either way, these will be sure to be a HOOT at any party and for any age!

Hoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment