Sunday, October 14, 2012

Coconut, Kidney Bean and Corn Stew

Ok so I am sure this combination sounds gross right? I am currently ADDICTED to it! I can't  find my original source for the inspiration or I would share. As always, I had drifted far off the path of following the recipe anyway. This is QUICK and EASY! I typically have these items on hand at my house at any given time, so that might be another reason I'm addicted.

Here we go...

Dice 1 red onion
Cut up 1 bell pepper (color of your choice)
1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained (or soak and cook the equivalent )
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1 Tbsp crushed garlic (I keep a container of trader joe's crushed garlic in the fridge)
1 can full fat coconut milk (If you count calories, use the light, it will just be thinner)
1 veg bullion cube (my is salted, so if yours is not, add salt to taste)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 Heaping Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used the kind with the seeds in it)
3 shakes of red cayenne pepper


I cook the onions and peppers until tender
Add garlic, cumin, mustard, pepper and bullion. (stir)
Add coconut milk, beans and corn.

Cook until hot. Really....Easy.

You can serve this with crusty bread or even over rice. I just eat it like a soup :)

Mmmm warm and yummy

I like it hot, so I added some extra cayenne

A hearty healthy Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment