Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweet Freedom Bakery, Philadelhia

I have an attitude adjustment to make about this bakery. Recently, the owners had some pretty ignorant things to say about vegans. You can read if yourself in this link http://www.philly.com/inquirer/entertainment/20101121_Sweet_Freedom_bakery_on_South_Street__vegan_and_gluten-free.html . They will no longer have my business.

So I finally made it over to Sweet Freedom on South Street in Philadelphia, PA. I do not need gluten free, but I do need vegan, so I gave it a whirl. I have to say, it wasn't that bad. For me it is hard to say amazing since most of the time I don't prefer garbanzo bean flour, but they had a good flavor. I bought all 3 of their cookie cream pie flavors (Oatmeal with vanilla butter cream, Chocolate chip with vanilla butter cream, and chocolate chip with chocolate butter cream). 3 of us voted and feel that chocolate butter cream was by far the best.

It is a cute shop, small but cozy. I think there was seating for maybe 4-6 people. They had a small cooler of drinks, coconut water being my favorite. They have a 10 dollar limit on credit card usage. Know this if you only plan on buying a snack or 2. We had to purchase the 3rd item just to be allowed to use the cc machine.

Info: Sweet Freedom Bakery
1424 South Street (between Broad and 15th)
Philadelphia, PA 19146

Telephone: 215-545-1899
Email: sweetfreedombakery@gmail.com

Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Monday: Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment