Saturday, December 12, 2009

Seriously Stuffed PB and Chocolate Chip Cookies


OK, these cookies may take a little extra time assembling, but it is TOTALLY worth it. I find that they taste best the 2nd day (and a 3rd if they last that long!) I got the recipe from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek. I bought this book months ago on Amazon bc I needed one cheap thing for free shipping and now I am very glad that I did!




The Recipe Follows:
Dough:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c margarine
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix it, it should feel like play-doh. Set aside

Filling:
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt

Mix. Mine was a little dry, so I added water to help it form into a ball.

The books says take a piece of dough a little smaller than a golf ball and press it flat on wax or parchment paper. I used pretty hefty size balls, maybe a little larger than a golf ball. Press them flat and add a tsp of the filling in the middle. Fold over the sides and flip seam side down. If the dough cracks, just squeeze it back together. Bake on a parchment, 9 min @ 350 was perfect in my oven.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked them! That recipe is in my top 5 all time favorites! They are definitely worth the extra time.

    ReplyDelete