Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wedding Cupcakes!


So it has been a crazy summer! I need to get on the ball with this blog thing. Maybe one day I will be serious about it. Until then, bits and pieces here and there. I wanted to post pics of my wedding cupcakes. Maybe they will inspire you on your journey through the crazy seas of wedding planning. I made the stand myself. Very easy, just takes a little bit of time. My colors were black and white, so I decided to stick with the theme and carry it over to the edibles! The cupcakes are vegan. If I didn't tell them no one would have known. All the food we had was! People survived the night without meat and ended up full and happy (crazy I know).

Stand directions:
Buy cake circles in the sizes you want. I had 4 tiers, so I bought 4 different sizes, largest on the bottom. I hot glued 3 on top of each other for thickness. I picked out my wrapping paper and cut the circle for it, and glued that on using a glue stick. I bought the ribbon the width of the circles and hot glued that on the edges. I bought cake dummies to stack in the center, wrapped them in wrapping paper, hot glued those on to the circles. Tada. If you want to put a cake on the top, you will have to have a better support system in the center of the stand. Mine held cupcakes just fine, but would have toppled over with a heavy cake on it.

That is a rough sketch of how to do it. If you need more help you can contact me. It's cheaper than buying a cupcake stand for 80-100 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment